36 有一個法利賽人請耶穌和他吃飯；耶穌就到法利賽人家裡去坐席。 37 那城裡有一個女人，是個罪人，知道耶穌在法利賽人家裡坐席，就拿著盛香膏的玉瓶， 38 站在耶穌背後，挨著他的腳哭，眼淚溼了耶穌的腳，就用自己的頭髮擦乾，又用嘴連連親他的腳，把香膏抹上。 39 請耶穌的法利賽人看見這事，心裡說：這人若是先知，必知道摸他的是誰，是個怎樣的女人，乃是個罪人。
44 於是轉過來向著那女人，便對西門說：你看見這女人嗎？我進了你的家，你沒有給我水洗腳；但這女人用眼淚溼了我的腳，用頭髮擦乾。 45 你沒有與我親嘴；但這女人從我進來的時候就不住的用嘴親我的腳。 46 你沒有用油抹我的頭；但這女人用香膏抹我的腳。 47 所以我告訴你，他許多的罪都赦免了，因為他的愛多；但那赦免少的，他的愛就少。 48 於是對那女人說：你的罪赦免了。 49 同席的人心裡說：這是甚麼人，竟赦免人的罪呢？ 50 耶穌對那女人說：你的信救了你；平平安安的回去吧！
- 但耶穌問他：“你看見這女人嗎” ？耶穌問西門是否真的看見她，不是看見一個罪人，而是一個蒙神赦免、罪擔獲釋、感恩至極、喜極而泣的人；一個盡她所能向主表達愛，一個因為信心而得拯救，自此可以“平平安安的回去”之神的孩子。
- 告訴耶穌我對人 “屬靈眼睛的弱視”，請求聖靈來觸摸我，改變我的眼光，學習以主耶穌慈愛憐憫的眼光，來看每一個我所接觸的人。
36Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, 38and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. 39When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”
44Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.” 48Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” 50Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
- This woman washes Jesus’ feet with her tears and wipes them with her hair. She kisses them and pours perfume over them. The host, a Pharisee – a religious leader, considers that Jesus has “contaminated” himself by touching or being touched by someone considered morally, spiritually or physically filthy.
- But Jesus asked Simon “Do you see this woman?” Jesus asked Simon if he truly sees her – not a sinner, but a person, someone forgiven by God, a human who is weeping with gratitude and relief, a child who is loving as much as she can, a child of God who is saved by her faith and who is free to go in peace.
- Jesus is asking me the same question, “Do you see ……?” Do I truly see people on the street, on the subway, in the mall, in the supermarket, beggars, ……? Do I see people as how Jesus sees them? How would that make a difference? How would seeing people as Jesus sees them change my attitude toward them?
- Talk to Jesus about my “poor spiritual eyesight”, my reluctance, my stereotyping. Wait for the Holy Spirit to touch me and change my perspectives.
This woman was a person with many sins. She had met Jesus and had been filled with love. The woman responded to Jesus with faith. Jesus responded to her with forgiveness and salvation. Use a concordance to look up other Scripture that speaks of faith. Sing, “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow.”