20 那時，上來過節禮拜的人中，有幾個希臘人。 21 他們來見加利利伯賽大的腓力，求他說：「先生，我們願意見耶穌。」 22 腓力去告訴安得烈，安得烈同腓力去告訴耶穌。 23 耶穌說：「人子得榮耀的時候到了。 24 我實實在在地告訴你們，一粒麥子不落在地裏死了，仍舊是一粒，若是死了，就結出許多子粒來。 25 愛惜自己生命的，就失喪生命；在這世上恨惡自己生命的，就要保守生命到永生。 26 若有人服事我，就當跟從我；我在哪裏，服事我的人也要在那裏；若有人服事我，我父必尊重他。」
- 默想羅馬書12：2「將注意集中在神身上，你會徹底地從裡到外改換一新。」（譯自the Message）若我真將注意集中在神身上，且因此就放手，我的困境會變成怎樣？
20Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the Feast. 21They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. "Sir," they said, "we would like to see Jesus." 22Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus. 23Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
- What does Jesus mean when he talks about a grain of wheat dying and reproducing itself? Then wait for Jesus to show an area of my life – a relationship, a decision to be made, and so on – in which I am holding on to the status quo, and not allowing him to bring growth or change. In what way might this be destructive or suffocating?
- Ponder Romans 12:2 “Fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out.”(the Message). What would this area of my life look like if I am to “fix my attention on God, ” and in so doing, let go?
- Hold hands in tight fists. Then relax them, open them, and turn palms upward. Talk with Jesus about what a life of open hands would look like. Ask him to show me what it means to be where he is(26).
- Think again about the tightly held part of my life. Talk with Jesus, ask Him to help me to let go just a little bit today, and tomorrow, …
Prayer & Journaling:
Stay with God for a little longer. Continue to converse with God and listen to what he wants to tell me. Then write down any thought and/or prayer in the 2012 “Spiritual Journal” book.