1 所以，你們既然與基督一同復活，就應當尋求天上的事，那裡有基督坐在神的右邊。 2 你們要思念的，是天上的事，不是地上的事。 3 因為你們已經死了，你們的生命與基督一同隱藏在神裡面。 4 基督就是你們的生命，他顯現的時候，你們也要和他一同在榮耀裡顯現。 5 所以要治死你們在地上的肢體，就如淫亂、污穢、邪情、惡慾和貪心，貪心就是拜偶像。。。。
12 所以，你們既然是神所揀選的，是聖潔、蒙愛的人，就要存憐憫的心腸、恩慈、謙卑、溫柔和忍耐。 13 如果有人對別人有嫌隙，總要彼此寬容，互相饒恕；主怎樣饒恕了你們，你們也要照樣饒恕人。 14 在這一切之上，還要有愛心，愛心是聯繫全德的。 15 又要讓基督的平安在你們心裡作主；你們蒙召歸為一體，也是為了這個緣故。你們要有感謝的心。 16 你們要讓基督的道豐豐富富地住在你們心裡，以各樣的智慧，彼此教導，互相勸戒，用詩章、聖詩、靈歌，懷著感恩的心歌頌神。 17 凡你們所作的，無論是言語或行為，都要奉主耶穌的名，藉著他感謝父神。
– 新生命是可能的 （3-4節）
1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. 5Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. ……
12Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Read the passage and consider these segments included in the process of putting on the new life.
– A new life is possible (vv3-4)
– Get rid of the old life (v5)
– Put on the new life (v12-14)
– Inner thoughts and behavior needed to put on new life (vv15-17)
- Which segment of this process speaks to me most right now? Reread the verses that correspond to that segment. What word or phrase in that segment speaks to me? Why? How does that idea relate to the other segments? How does it relate to love “which binds them all together in perfect unit”?
- Pray back to God the segment that speaks to me, personalizing it. For example, based on v13, Please help me to bear with XX(someone’s name) and forgive XX for the grievances I have against XX. Help me to forgive as the Lord forgave me.
Prayer & Journaling:
Stay with God for a little longer. Continue to converse with God and listen to what he wants to tell me. Then write down any thought and/or prayer in the 2012 “Spiritual Journal” book.